Resources for Current Students
While you are a student at South Hills, you'll use this page as a portal to all the resources you'll need. The list below has links to everything from your student email to the Virtual Library to schedules for regular class times and weather delays — everything you need is just a click away!
We are so happy to once again be embarking on a new academic year! The start of a new term can make students feel eager... and nervous. Rest assured our faculty and staff are here to help you with whatever you may need. We're excited and thankful for the opportunity to teach you the skills you'll need to be successful in your chosen career path, and we welcome you back to school. Now it's time to get to work!
Important Dates to Start Fall Term 2017
- August 25: New Student Orientation/Freshman Classes at 8:30am
- August 28: Returning Student Orientation at 9:00am
- August 28: Classes Begin for All Students at 10:00am (follow 2-hr delay schedule)
- August 31: Mandatory Individual Advisor Meetings for 1st-Year Students at 12:00pm
- September 4: Labor Day (School Closed)
- September 6: Student Clubs & Organizations Rush Day
- September 7: Mandatory Individual Advisor Meetings for 1st-Year Students at 12:00pm
See the Academic Calendar for full Fall Term schedule.
Students are strongly encouraged to sign up to receive text alerts for Snow Days or Emergencies. See chart below to sign up for your South Hills location:
- State College students — text SC to 313131
- Altoona students — text AL to 313131
- Lewistown students — text LT to 313131
You will receive a confirmation text stating that you have opted in to receive texts from SHSBTPA. Powered by Ez Texting. SMS message and data rates may apply.