We'll help you find the funding for which you are qualified! Additional details for intro paragraph summarizing the four different scholarships available to qualified South Hills students.
Click through the tabs below for details or contact our Financial Aid office to make an appointment to find out more.
- Rudy J. & Annamae Labor Memorial Scholarship Fund
- South Hills School of Business & Technology Scholarship
- Yellow Ribbon Program
Rudy J. & Annamae Labor Memorial Scholarship Fund
This fund provides scholarships annually for newly enrolling students who will be attending South Hills School of Business & Technology. There will be 10 scholarships available for students enrolled to begin classes in Fall. Each scholarship will total $7,000 to be applied toward the cost of tuition and books. Award money will be distributed evenly over two years. Scholarship recipients will be determined by a scholarship committee. This fund is held through the Centre Foundation.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide deserving candidates the means and encouragement to accomplish career goals through a post-secondary education at South Hills School of Business & Technology.
- High School Graduate* (GED students do not qualify)
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- Must not have already earned an Associate Degree or higher
- Acceptance into a full-time specialized associate degree program at South Hills School of Business & Technology**
- Completed Rudy J. & Annamae Labor Scholarship application
- Completed FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) demonstrating financial need (the accuracy of the FAFSA will be determined prior to the award of the scholarship)
- Completed application for any applicable state and federal grants
* For seniors graduating in June, please submit your transcript to-date from your high school. South Hills retains the right to revoke a scholarship if an applicant's GPA drops below the scholarship requirement during the final semester of high school.
** Previous and current South Hills students are not eligible to apply under the current scholarship guidelines.
How To Apply for the Rudy J. & Annamae Labor Scholarship
- Apply to South Hills. Click here to begin the process.
- Upon acceptance into a full-time specialized associate degree program at South Hills, click here to complete the Rudy J.& Annamae Labor Scholarship application.
The scholarship award will be distributed evenly and credited to the recipient's account over each term until graduation if eligibility is maintained. To remain eligible the student must maintain full-time enrollment status and a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade-point average each term.
If a scholarship recipient's GPA drops below 3.0 and/or enrollment status changes to less than full-time, it is up to the discretion of the scholarship committee to determine whether the balance of the scholarship will be reinstated to the recipient. (A leave of absence cannot exceed one term unless it is due to military service or a documented medical condition.) The scholarship recipient must submit a letter of explanation to the scholarship committee to request reinstatement of the balance of the scholarship.
If the scholarship results in an over-award above the cost of tuition and books, the school will make the appropriate adjustment and unused funds will be returned to the scholarship fund.
Scholarships are granted without regard to race, color, creed, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin.
South Hills School of Business & Technology Scholarship
SHSBT will offer a maximum of eight new scholarships each school year.
There are five scholarships awarded at State College, two at Altoona, and one at Lewistown. The scholarship is valued at 25 percent of the cost of tuition. It is given to those students who demonstrate economic hardship and would benefit from this scholarship. Scholarships are granted without regard to race, color, creed, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or national origin.
A student meeting the following qualifications for the scholarship must submit a letter of application to the Scholarship Committee for review. The application deadline is December 20. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision within thirty (30) days of the application deadline.
Qualifications for the SHSBT Scholarship are as follows:
- At the time of application, students must be enrolled full-time in a diploma or degree program of study.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one full term of study at the time of application.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade-point average in each term.
- The student’s financial records must prove financial need which is determined by the Scholarship Committee.
- Students must have completed a FAFSA in a timely fashion and submitted forms for any applicable state and federal grants.
- Submit a formally typed letter of application (1-2 pages) that indicates the applicant’s name, program and year of study, educational and career goals. The applicant should state how receiving the school scholarship would benefit him/her in his/her pursuit of the stated goals. Other information pertinent for review by the committee is additionally welcome in the application letter.
The scholarship is valued at 25 percent of tuition. If the balance of tuition due after applying grants, agency sponsorship, and/or other scholarships is less than 25 percent of the total tuition, the SHSBT scholarship will be limited to that amount.
The scholarship will be credited retroactively to the first term of the school year in which the scholarship is granted. It will be credited to the recipient’s account on a term-by-term basis through graduation when eligibility is maintained. The school scholarship will be permanently forfeited when eligibility is lost. Please contact the Financial Aid office for more information on this scholarship.
Yellow Ribbon Program
South Hills School of Business & Technology is a proud participant of the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Please go to our Education Benefits for Veterans page for more details.