ET (Engineering Technology) Club Visits Famed Fallingwater HouseMay 10, 2018
Behind The Scenes: SCPD Crime Lab VisitJune 15, 2018
What are Bright Outlook Occupations?
South Hills Prepares Students for Careers with a BRIGHT OUTLOOK!
Want to know where the job opportunities are likely to be in the next several years? The U.S. Department of Labor and the National Center for O*NET Development published a list of “Bright Outlook Occupations*,” so you can see what’s hot in the labor market. South Hills’ priorities include preparing students for those “in demand” employment and career opportunities AND helping employers find trained and qualified candidates (i.e. OUR GRADS!).
*Bright Outlook Occupations are jobs that:
- Are expected to grow rapidly in the next several years and/or
- Are predicted to have a large number of job openings and/or
- Include new and emerging occupations in high-growth industries
Bright Outlook Occupation
Computer User Support Specialist
Computer User Support Specialists play a vital role in a company by working with different hardware, software, networking, etc. Everyone from educational institutions to hospitals to government agencies use Computer User Support Specialists; thus, providing a wide variety of industries and diverse career advancement opportunities.
Hot Technologies Included in the South Hills Information Technology Program:
- C++ Programming
Employment Outlook for Computer User Support Specialists:
- Projected National Growth (2014 – 2024): Much faster than average (14% or higher).
- Career Pathways: This occupation offers opportunities for advancement and specialization, based on experience and additional training. You can begin your career as a Computer User Support Specialist and move up into higher positions such as a Database Administrator, Network and Computer Systems Administrator, Computer Systems Analyst/IT Consultant, or IT Manager/Computer and Information Systems Manager.
Related Program of Study at South Hills
- Information Technology Specialized Associate Degree
National Center for O*NET Development. Computer User Support Specialists. 15-1151.00. Retrieved December 19, 2018, from www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1151.00