You’re invited to join us for an Open House! We're having events at all three of our campuses. WALK-INS WELCOME! Pre-registration (below) is optional.
General Campus Activities:
- Enjoy a great line-up of ongoing demonstrations, presentations, hands-on activities and learn about South Hills Specialized Associate Degree programs
- Tour the campus
- Meet faculty & staff – Career Services, Financial Aid, & Admissions Representatives will be available
- Enjoy light refreshments
Ongoing Program-specific Demonstrations, Presentations, & Hands-on Activities
State College Main Campus Itinerary
- Demonstration: Understanding Claims/Billing
- Demonstration: Formatting Business Letters
- Discussion: Career Pathways/Options
- Discussion: Guest Speakers/Alumni Panel – Job Opportunities
- Discussion: Tax Tips
- Demonstration: Business Forecasting Activity – Lemonade Stand
- Demonstration: Criminal Investigative Techniques
- Ultrasound Demonstration
- Drone Mapping
- Demonstration: CNC Programming and Machining
- Demonstration: Progression of Logo Concept
- Discussion: Program Overview Specific to South Hills
- Demonstration: Electronic Health Records
- Password Cracking – Importance of a Secure Password
- Demonstration: Drone Simulator
- Demonstration: Drone Flying
Altoona Campus Itinerary
- Demonstration: Learn about some of the duties of an Administrative Medical Assistant and see how technology is used medical office settings to make patient appointments, process bills, and complete other transactions.
- Hands-on Activity: Learn how to design a “Save the Date” card using Microsoft Publisher®
- Discussion: Learn about careers in the field of accounting
- Mini-presentation: “Ten Steps to Writing a Great Business Plan!”
- Demonstration and Role Play: “Police Work – BRAINS, not brawn!”– See how to use karate, command presence, and thinking abilities to gain compliance.
- Demonstration: Handcuffing techniques
- Display: Fingerprinting
- Demonstration: Learn about what goes on behind the scenes at healthcare facilities and see what kind of patient information is in an electronic health record (HER). See how Medical Coding Software is used to document treatments, procedures, diagnoses, and how this information is used to process insurance claims.
- Hands-on activity: Learn how to replace computer hardware on modern computer workstations
- Demonstration: Create a new server in the cloud to host a website
- Demonstration: Learn about IOT (Internet of Things) and learn how these devices interact with the internet
- Demonstrations: Learn about Electrocardiography (ECG), how to monitor patients’ vital signs aka “vitals” (measuring temperature, respiratory rate, pulse, blood pressure, etc.), and administer hearing tests.
Lewistown Campus Itinerary
- Learn how to create a polished and professional-looking memo in Microsoft® Word
- Test your knowledge of local business logos and learn about corporate branding
- See how criminal justice and law enforcement professionals use finger printing and blood splatter identification (what type of weapon was used)
- Build a computer networking cable and test it to see if it works
- Find out how well you know your anatomy. Match bone names with the skeleton bones
- The Link, a mobile Career Center, will be parked nearby and representatives from the Mifflin County PA CareerLink will be available to answer your questions about job search and available services.