South Hills School Of Business & Technology Graduates Earn CentreREADY DesignationAugust 22, 2019
South Hills Healthcare Students Participate in UPMC Altoona Trauma DrillOctober 22, 2019
South Hills Press Release
STATE COLLEGE, PA – South Hills School of Business & Technology held its fall commencement ceremony for the graduating class of September 2019 at The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center on Monday, September 23. The President’s Hall was filled with family and friends who came to congratulate the graduates as they crossed the stage to receive their specialized associate degrees.
The keynote speaker was David Mazza, Senior Vice President and Chief Technical Officer of NBC Sports Group and NBC Olympics. David is the son of South Hills founders, Maralyn and the late S. Paul Mazza Jr., and brother to South Hills President, S. Paul Mazza III.
Class of 2019 speakers, Maher “Omar” Brown, Chase Brown, and Roman Nekrasov, were chosen to represent each of the South Hills campuses. Photos of the ceremony may be viewed on the school's official Facebook page.
Academic Awards Presented to the Fall Class of 2019
The Kristi Joann Taylor Memorial Award is given to the Administrative Professional graduate with the highest academic standing in the class.
- Presented to Jamey Shreckengast and Anne E. Spooner
The Earl P. Strong Memorial Award was established to recognize academic achievement in the Business Administration–Management & Marketing program.
- Presented to Frank J. Jost
The Terry J. French Memorial Award was established for the Information Technology program. The following graduates were selected:
- Jacob Christopher Bloom
- Dillon Confer
- Aaron Ireland
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Engineering Technology
- Presented to Nathaniel R. Clark
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Graphic Arts
- Presented to Becka Turner
The Ray Houseman Memorial Award is presented to a student from the Altoona Campus who displays Ray Houseman’s best qualities: his dependability, his friendly & cheerful personality, and most of all his willingness to help.
- Presented to Sierra Nicole Pittman
The Juniata River Valley Chamber of Commerce Community Award is presented to a student from the Lewistown Campus who has volunteered their time and knowledge to positively impact the overall quality of the community.
- Presented to Chase Brown
The JoAnn M. Bonfatto Memorial Award is presented to a student at the State College Main Campus that typifies the following attributes: enthusiasm, willingness to help others, friendly and cheerful personality, dependability, and initiative.
- Presented to Jamey Shreckengast
The Founder's Award was created in memory of S. Paul Mazza Jr., the founder of South Hills School of Business & Technology. It is presented to a student from each of our school locations who exemplifies the core values of the school’s founder: kindness to others, integrity, school involvement, and strong academic standing. The following graduates were selected:
- Cameron M. Buynack– Altoona Campus
- Frank J. Jost– Lewistown Campus
- Dillon Confer– State College Main Campus
CentreREADY, a workforce preparedness initiative established in 2019 in conjunction with Centre County’s Chamber of Business & Industry (CBICC), is a “seal of approval” designed to show that students have learned about and demonstrated an understanding of the 21st-century workforce skills that local employers find most essential. The following graduates obtained the CentreREADY Designation:
- Sarah Berezenko, Administrative Professional
- Jenie Lynn Engle, Administrative Professional
- Tina L. Olivieri, Administrative Professional
- Jamey Shreckengast, Administrative Professional
- Anne E. Spooner, Administrative Professional
- Alisha Ann Williamson, Administrative Professional
- Brianna Thea Balestrieri, Business Administration—Management & Marketing
- Melanie Boggs, Engineering Technology
- Ashley M. Crouse, Engineering Technology
- Daniel Vandrew II, Engineering Technology
- Logan Butterworth, Graphic Arts
- Carley Jean Chambliss, Graphic Arts
- Timothy A. Droll, Graphic Arts
- Alexandra Rae Stauffer, Graphic Arts
- Spencer A. Bartges, Information Technology
- Jacob Christopher Bloom, Information Technology
- Dillon Confer, Information Technology
- Brennan Doherty, Information Technology
- Aaron Ireland, Information Technology
- Roman N. Nekrasov, Information Technology
- Andrew Ripka, Information Technology