South Hills Students Focus On Consumer BehaviorsJune 20, 2019
South Hills Students Place At PBL National Leadership ConferenceJuly 1, 2019
South Hills Community News Release
STATE COLLEGE, PA – On Thursday, June 20, 2019, South Hills School of Business & Technology held its 49th annual commencement ceremony for the graduating class of June 2019 at The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center.
The President’s Hall was filled with family and friends who came to commend the graduates as they crossed the stage to receive their Specialized Associate Degrees. The now-alumni were students of the following programs:
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Administrative Professional
- Business Administration—Accounting
- Business Administration—Management & Marketing
- Criminal Justice
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Assistant
Special messages were delivered by keynote speaker and recently retired Director of Education, David Schaitkin, as well as graduate speakers Catarina J. Stevens, Brandi J. Owens, and Rachel Ann Jones, who were selected to represent their respective South Hills campus location.
Vern Squier, Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County (CBICC) President & CEO, and Jennifer Myers, CBICC Vice President, Economic Development, were in attendance to recognize the first graduating class of students who achieved the CentreREADY designation.
The following academic awards were presented at the commencement ceremony:
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Criminal Justice
- Presented to Jason P. Walizer of Howard
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Presented to Shannon Gwen Snesavage of Williamstown
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional
- Presented to Danae R. Sutliff, RDMS of Bethlehem
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional Plus
- Presented to Joseph Robert Vasta, RDCS of State College and Megan Witter, RVT of Bellefonte
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Health Information Technology
- Presented to Jennifer Lea Lemmon of State College and Valerie Joleen Steininger of Boalsburg
South Hills School of Business & Technology Award – Medical Assistant
- Presented to Brandi J. Owens of Mifflintown
The Travis Mellott Memorial Award was established to recognize academic achievement in the Business Administration—Accounting program.
- Presented to Charles B. Diehl of Altoona
The Ray Houseman Memorial Award is presented to a student from the Altoona Campus who displays Ray Houseman’s best qualities: his dependability, his friendly & cheerful personality, and, most of all, his willingness to help.
- Presented to Charles B. Diehl of Altoona
The Juniata River Valley Chamber of Commerce Community Award is presented to a student from the Lewistown Campus who has volunteered his or her time and knowledge to positively affect the overall quality of the community.
- Presented to Gabrielle M. Manbeck of Lewistown and Alexis O. Inzerillo of Milroy
The JoAnn M. Bonfatto Memorial Award is presented to a student at the State College Main Campus that typifies the following attributes: enthusiasm, willingness to help others, friendly and cheerful personality, dependability, and initiative.
- Presented to Brooke Marie McNeel, CET, CPT of Warriors Mark
The Jodi Warshaw Self-Sacrifice and Excellence Award was established in memory of the daughter of a South Hills staff member and is presented to a Criminal Justice graduate at the State College Main Campus who has dedicated his or her life to serving others either by volunteering as a first responder, being a member of the U.S Armed Forces, and/or actively participating in other community-oriented volunteer projects.
- Presented to Garret Matthew Horning of Reedsville
The Founder’s Award was created in memory of S. Paul Mazza Jr., the co-founder of South Hills School of Business & Technology. It is presented to one student from each of our campus locations who exemplifies the core values of the school’s founder: kindness to others, integrity, school involvement, and strong academic standing.
- Whitley B. Furry – Altoona Campus
- Brandi J. Owens – Lewistown Campus
- James R. Pletcher – State College Main Campus
The faculty and staff at South Hills are proud of our newest alumni and wish them the best of luck in their next adventures. Congrats, graduates!