South Hills President, Students Invited to Witness Centre County Commissioners’ Proclamation CeremonyFebruary 20, 2020
South Hills Celebrates Fifty Years of Teaching People, Changing LivesMarch 3, 2020
South Hills Community News Release
ALTOONA, PA — Second-year Information Technology students enrolled in the Project Management class at South Hills School of Business & Technology’s Altoona Campus were given a project to manage to practice the skills they’ve been learning in class. The project assigned to them was to set up and snap professional headshots for students to use on their LinkedIn profiles and on their resumes. Faculty and staff were invited to participate, as well.
The following is a summary of some of the steps and tasks required to make this project a success:
- Coordinate with South Hills administration to gain approval for this activity.
- Determine the best way(s) to communicate this event to everyone on campus.
- Shoot practice photos to ensure best quality of final photos; test several locations/backgrounds, different lighting conditions, and various camera settings.
- Organize the activities to ensure efficient use of time and to avoid confusion for participants.
- Setup a website to which the finished headshots can be uploaded in order to share the edited photos with the subjects.