Accreditation & Approvals
South Hills School of Business & Technology (South Hills) is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC, 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302, Arlington, Virginia 22201, 703-247-4212) to award diplomas, Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) degrees, and Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degrees. ACCSC is recognized by the United States Department of Education as an independent accrediting agency.
South Hills has received the following approvals:
- The Secretary of Education of The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to award the Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) and Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degrees
- Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for training Veterans
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for the training of rehabilitation students
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) for Grants and Loans
- U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (now the United States Department of Health and Human Services) for the Pell (Federal) Grant Program
- Microsoft® Corporation as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
- South Hills real estate courses (Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice) are approved by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission for students sitting for the sales exam.
South Hills is authorized by Federal law for enrollment of nonimmigrant alien students.
The Medical Assistant Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) Degree program is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Upon successful completion of the MA program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) examination through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional Plus (DPP), and Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional (DMP) programs for General, Cardiac, and Vascular Sonography are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP, 25400 US Hwy 19 N. Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, 727-210-2350, firstname.lastname@example.org) upon recommendation of the Joint Review Commission for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
The Health Information Technology (HIT) specialized associate degree program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Upon successful completion of the HIT program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) examination.