Careers at South Hills
If you want to join an organization that is truly changing peoples’ lives, South Hills could be just the place for you!
There are many things about South Hills that make it a smart choice for students, but our employees can tell you that it's also a great place to work. Our faculty and staff enjoy the benefits and advantages of working in a smaller setting that enables them to know each other on a personal level and encourages team building that ultimately enhances the quality of service to our students. The South Hills team works well together and genuinely cares for our students' welfare.
South Hills is full of enthusiastic, passionate, committed people - employees and students alike!
Date Announced: 05/15/2020
Campus/Location: State College, PA
Summary: South Hills School of Business & Technology is looking for a full-time Information Technology Program Coordinator/Instructor at our State College Main Campus to start in September 2020.
Duties: As a Program Coordinator, the candidate will not only teach IT classes, but also mentor and advise students, work with them to secure internships in the community, update curriculum, and work with the Information Technology program advisory committee. The individual should possess strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
Requirements: A minimum of three years of work experience in the IT field. Knowledge of C#, Java, SQL, Systems Administration, Network Administration, Windows and Linux servers. Teaching experience strongly preferred. Minimum of associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is not a remote position.
To Apply: Send cover letter and résumé (with evidence of work experience) to Susan Vidmar, Director of Education, at: email@example.com.
Date Announced: 05/01/2020
Campus/Location: Altoona / State College, PA
We are looking for a qualified distance learning coordinator to oversee the development and implementation of hybrid online courses and programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Training faculty on learning management systems, instructional design principles, and technologies related to the online delivery of course content
- Working with faculty to plan and develop new hybrid online courses
- Providing support services for online learning
- Developing policies, procedures, and standards relating to distance education
- Implementing new instructional technologies
- Assisting with submissions of new programs to regulatory bodies
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in instructional technology and online education
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, specifically Canvas and Moodle
- Experience developing and delivering training and support services for online learning
- Knowledge of and experience in application of best practices in educational technologies, instructional design, and quality online course delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively in a higher education environment
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.