Careers at South Hills
If you want to join an organization that is truly changing peoples’ lives, South Hills School of Business & Technology could be just the place for you. There are many things about South Hills that make it a smart choice for students, but our employees can tell you that it's also a great place to work.
Our faculty and staff enjoy the benefits and advantages of working in a smaller setting that enables them to know each other on a personal level and encourages team building that ultimately enhances the quality of service to our students. The South Hills team works well together and genuinely cares for our students' welfare.
South Hills is full of enthusiastic, passionate, committed people - employees and students alike!
Date Announced: 03/13/2019
Campus/Location: State College, PA
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, the Financial Aid Administrator will provide assistance and information to students applying for financial aid, process financial aid, perform verification as needed, and perform a variety of general clerical duties.
- Provide assistance and information to students applying for financial aid; answer telephones and greet visitors; interpret and explain financial aid related rules, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist students in the completion of financial aid applications and verification forms; review documentation; determine applicant status; determine eligibility for federal and state aid.
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties; compose routine correspondence; maintain student files
- Assist with student default management
- Produce and mail various verification forms and notices to students including award and eligibility letters
- Process financial aid records utilizing specialized financial aid software
- Communicate with the public, other departments, and outside agencies to exchange information; refer to appropriate staff; provide information on the availability of grants, loans, and scholarships
- Attend financial aid workshops and training seminars as assigned
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Report as required to the State College Main Campus and to the Director of Financial Aid
Education and Work Experience
- Associates Degree at minimum
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial aid
Skills and Abilities
Ideal candidate will have experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
- Industry related financial aid software
- Federal and state financial aid policy and regulations
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Learn the institution’s financial aid application procedure
- Maintain accurate and complete files, and records
- Learn and explain the scholarships, grants, loans, and awards available
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating materials, electronic file management
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously
- Complete work with many interruptions
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Work confidentially with discretion
Commensurate with financial aid experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
A completed application packet must include:
- Current Resume
- At Least 3 Work References
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
Expected hire date is as soon as possible. You will be notified should we wish to proceed with an interview.
Send cover letter, résumé, and references to Anne Falk, Financial Aid Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.