MyIT Technical Support
Downloading and Installing Microsoft® Office
- Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office for Education. If you have a PC, click here for detailed uninstall instructions. If you have a Mac, click here.
- Register your product using your South Hills email address. Click here to begin the registration process.
- Open your South Hills email account via the Outlook Web Access by clicking here and logging in.
- You should have received an email message from Microsoft Office 365 Support. Open the message and follow the instructions contained therein to complete the registration process. Note: If the message does not appear in your Inbox, please be sure to check your Junk folder, as well.
- After completing the registration process, you will be given the option to install Office 2016 by clicking “Install Now”.
- Follow the instructions provided on the Microsoft webpage to complete the installation.
Having computer trouble?
Problems accessing your school email? Want to access the school's wireless network or use your U: Drive or the eBrary from home? Need to make an external hard drive work on both Windows and Mac OS? Our IT Department has created a number of "how-to" documents to provide you with immediate self-service technical support.
NOTE: These documents are available only to current students of South Hills School of Business & Technology.
A valid CourseWeb login is required to gain access to view them.
MyIT Knowledge Base
- Portal, Email, and WiFi
- U: Drives
- Purchasing Textbooks
- Mac OS X Tips
- Color Printing
- Videos in PowerPoint
Using Student Portal & Email
Access Your U: Drive and eBrary Resources from Home
How to Purchase Your Textbooks Online
South Hills School of Business & Technology has partnered with The Student Book Store (SBS) to be the official bookstore for our school. However, students may use the ISBN numbers on their book lists to find and purchase textbooks elsewhere if desired. Click here for help ordering your Textbooks from The Student Book Store.
Tips and Tricks for Mac Users
How to Redeem Print Cards to Use the Color Printer
(State College main campus only)
Putting Videos into PowerPoint Presentations
- SaveFrom.net - Download videos and sound files from various websites (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc.) in various file formats
- Clip Converter Online Media Tool - Download, convert, and/or edit YouTube videos for PowerPoint
- Online-Convert - Download, convert, and/or edit YouTube videos for PowerPoint
Issue still not resolved?
If you are unable to find what you need in these help documents, send an email with
— your first & last name
— a detailed description of your problem
— the South Hills location you're attending
— State College & Altoona students should specify which building
to MyIT@southhills.edu to contact the IT Department directly to request additional assistance.
Meet our IT Team
State College Main Campus
Michele Spicer has been working for South Hills since February 1994. She is 1993 graduate of the school back when it was known as South Hills Business School. Throughout her long career at South Hills, Michele has worked as a Teacher’s Assistant, Computer Technician, Instructor, Network Administrator, and she is now the Systems Administrator. Michele became a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer in February 1998 and has also taught self-paced Lifelong Learning evening courses for South Hills.
State College Main Campus
IT Support Specialist
State College Cato Building
Maximilian A. Musser graduated from South Hills School of Business & Technology with a specialized associate degree in Information Technology in 2012. Following the completion of his internship with Penn State's Department of Chemical Engineering, he spent a year working for DirecTV until joining the South Hills team in June 2014. Throughout his career at South Hills, Max has worked in building maintenance and as a Computer Technician. He is now the IT Support Specialist for the Cato Park building of the State College Main Campus.
Jeff Foflygen graduated from South Hills in 2003 with a degree in Computer Information Systems (now called Information Technology).
After graduation, Jeff took a job at Optical Image Technology in State College. He later accepted a position as a Programmer/Analyst at the Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State, which is a division of the Navy for naval projects. He was promoted to System Administrator while at ARL. More recently, he worked at EnergyCAP, Inc. in State College where he gained invaluable experience in programming, system administration, project management, and technical writing.
In addition to his position as an IT Instructor, Jeff also serves as the Network Administrator for our Lewistown Campus.
Jeff loves keeping up with the latest technology and being able to learn from it. When he's not teaching, Jeff enjoys spending time with his wife - a fellow South Hills graduate whom he met in class - and their 3 children. Together, they started a business in Lewistown called Lost Elm Concepts where they create one-of-a-kind custom furnishing from reclaimed wood as well as custom, handmade crafts of all sorts.