Take the First Step!
Complete this form to request more information about South Hills School of Business & Technology’s specialized associate degree programs and classes!
Associate of Specialized Technology (AST) Degree in Software Development and Programming
Our Software Development Program At-a-Glance
- Earn your specialized degree in just 2 years
- Accredited by ACCSC
- Licensed by the PA Department of Education, Department of Private Licensed Schools
What You Need to Know About Our Information Technology AST Degree
Software on our laptops, applications on our phones, websites for every business — all of this is such second nature to us now that many of us don’t even think much about these tools on a day-to-day basis. But the software development and programming field is critical to the modern world, and it’s a career that’s very much in-demand as employers are in need of skilled professionals who can develop applications, create databases, build websites, and more. With the Associate of Specialized Technology Degree in Software Development & Programming from South Hills School of Business & Technology, you can train for this dynamic, fast-growing career.
At South Hills, we update our programming curriculum regularly and give you hands-on training so you know you’ll learn the programming languages and technologies employers are using right now. Our experienced instructors cover topics like:
- Managing the process of developing designing, testing, and delivering a software application to meet user needs
- Creating, retrieving, updating, and deleting information from modern database systems
- Writing programming scripts and applications using modern languages and software tools
- Revising software for corrections, enhancements, or environment changes
- Performing quality checks to ensure software functions bug-free
- Identifying the operating system platform, components, inputs, interface requirements, and dependencies which ensure that a software project will achieve its objectives
- Utilizing a version control system
- Developing a thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Providing oral and written reports in both technical and non-technical environments
- Applying object-oriented programming principles when developing projects
- Designing web pages using HTML and content management systems