All South Hills students complete a 12-week long internship before graduation, working alongside seasoned professionals in the “real world” environment of their chosen fields. The South Hills internship provides irreplaceable experience and knowledge, along with valuable networking connections. Often, internships even lead to immediate, full-time job offers. Scores of established, highly respected partner organizations serve as our internship sites including but not limited to:
- Abuse Network
- Affinity Connection
- Avail Technologies, Inc.
- Bellwood-Antis School District
- Blair County Chamber of Commerce
- Blair County Tax Collection Bureau
- Centre County Correctional Facility
- Child Advocates of Blair County
- Hershey Medical Center
- Impressions WHQ
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Lewistown Borough
- Mifflin County Courthouse
- Penn State University
- Shaner Corporation
- Shelter Services
- Stahl Sheaffer Engineering
- Videon Central
Network Career Fair
Every spring since 1998, South Hills has held the Network Career Fair, a huge event that gives our students the chance to connect with dozens of local employers as they seek the internships they need to graduate. As students distribute their resumes, they get a unique opportunity to network with the South Hills alumni who represent several of the local businesses in attendance. All current students are welcome to attend the Network Career Fair.
In 2000, an alliance between South Hills and the Pennsylvania State University was formed to give South Hills students the opportunity to explore internship opportunities at PSU, which subsequently helps the university find quality, well-trained employees for its administrative offices. Hundreds of South Hills students have completed internships and/or have been hired as employees of Penn State since the establishment of the SHSBT/PSU partnership. The resulting collaboration, called PSU Days, is organized into two major events that occur on two separate days:
- PSU Days – Part 1 is a guided bus tour of the PSU campus at University Park followed by presentations that teach our students how to apply for internships and jobs at Penn State.
- PSU Days – Part 2 is a large internship fair featuring several Penn State departments that is hosted by South Hills exclusively for our students.
Employers: Looking for an intern from South Hills?
When our students embark on their internships, they're ambitious, talented, and ready to hit the ground running. If you're an employer who wants to become a South Hills Internship Site, fill out this form. Whether you work for a large corporation or run a local small business, our Career Services team will help you find the perfect South Hills intern for your company’s needs!