Remote Learning Resources
for South Hills Students
As concern grows regarding the spread of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to close our physical campus buildings. Fortunately, we are now able to deliver all of our classes fully online to ensure there will be minimal disruption to our students' education. To help you make the transition to distance learning, we’ve compiled a list of hints, tips, and tricks and provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Student Online Learning Success Tips
- Make sure you mute your microphone when not talking.
- Ask and answer questions using chat or use the “raise your hand” feature and unmute yourself when called on.
- Set up a workspace at home where you will Zoom into classes with as little distraction as possible.
- Make sure your dress and your background is appropriate if you will have your camera turned on during class (your instructor may ask you to turn it off).
- Be aware of what you say and what you type on chat because all classes and chats will be recorded. Be appropriate and professional.
- Attend during the scheduled class times as participation in real-time will enable you to ask questions and participate in discussions.
Distance Learning Tools
IT Technical Support
Technical Support by Email: For non-urgent technical support requests, please contact MYIT@southhills.edu. Please be sure to include your name, program, and a clear description of the technical issues you are experiencing.
Technical Support by Zoom Breakout Room: During the hours of 7:00AM–7:00PM, South Hills support staff will be active and available in a Zoom Chat space if you need more immediate help. Access it here: https://southhills.zoom.us/j/799551398 Meeting ID: 799 551 398