Accreditation & Approvals
South Hills School of Business & Technology (South Hills) is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), 750 First Street, NE, Suite 980, Washington, DC 20002-4241, 202-336-6780, to award diplomas, Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) degrees, and Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degrees.
South Hills is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Private Licensed Schools, 333 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333, 717-783-8228.
South Hills has received the following approvals:
- The Secretary of Education of The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to award the Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) and Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degrees
- Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for training Veterans
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for the training of rehabilitation students
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) for Grants and Loans
- Department of Health, Education and Welfare for the Pell (Federal) Grant Program
- Microsoft Corporation as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
South Hills real estate courses (Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice) are approved by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission for students sitting for the sales exam.
South Hills is authorized by Federal law for enrollment of nonimmigrant alien students.
The Health Information Technology (HIT) specialized associate degree program at our State College and Altoona campuses is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Upon successful completion of the HIT program, State College and Altoona graduates are eligible to apply to take the Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) examination.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) specialized associate degree program (General, Cardiac, and Vascular concentrations) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).