State College Main Campus
South Hills School of Business & Technology was founded in 1970 by S. Paul Mazza Jr. (1930-2013) and his wife, Maralyn J. Mazza. The school got its start in a modest location on Allen Street in State College, PA. In August 1982, growth forced South Hills to move to larger quarters, a former elementary school building in Boalsburg, PA. In January 1989, South Hills returned to State College—its original home—to a custom built facility on 480 Waupelani Drive where it remains to this day. In 1980, South Hills State College was granted approval to award the Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) degree. In 1997, approval was granted to award the Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degree. The school currently offers six ASB degree programs: Administrative Medical Assistant, Administrative Professional, Business Administration—Accounting, Business Administration—Management & Marketing, Criminal Justice, and Medical Assistant. It currently offers five AST degree programs: Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Engineering Technology, Graphic Arts, Health Information Technology, and Information Technology. South Hills State College also offers two diploma programs for students with previous post-secondary school degrees: Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional and Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional Plus.