Careers at South Hills
If you want to join an organization that is truly changing peoples’ lives, South Hills School of Business & Technology could be just the place for you. There are many things about South Hills that make it a smart choice for students, but our employees can tell you that it's also a great place to work.
Our faculty and staff enjoy the benefits and advantages of working in a smaller setting that enables them to know each other on a personal level and encourages team building that ultimately enhances the quality of service to our students. The South Hills team works well together and genuinely cares for our students' welfare.
South Hills is full of enthusiastic, passionate, committed people - employees and students alike!
Date Announced: 10-26-16, updated 11-1-16
Campus/Location: State College
Full/Part-time: Full-time or Part-time
Start Date: November 29, 2016
Description: South Hills School of Business & Technology is seeking a qualified instructor to teach a variety of computer classes to our post-secondary, degree-seeking Information Technology students.
Requirements: Only Central PA candidates are being considered for this on-site teaching position. The position must be filled immediately and no relocation package is being offered.
Candidate should possess mastery in at least two of the above areas and should have a strong working knowledge of at least two additional.
Candidate must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a computer/IT field of study, along with a minimum of three (3) years of IT work experience.
Teaching experience is preferred, but not necessary.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to David Schaitkin, Director of Education, at: email@example.com.
Date Announced: 10-26-16
Description: Due to the addition of new program offerings we are looking for a qualified instructor to teach a computer hardware class at our Lewistown location beginning on November 29, 2016.
Requirements: The minimum of an associate degree in the field is required. The applicant must be able to document a minimum of three years working in the IT field. A+/Net+ certification a plus. Teaching experience preferred but not necessary. We can work around your schedule.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to David Schaitkin, Director of Education at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Announced: 11-17-16
Campus/Location: State College with travel to Lewistown and Altoona
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the management of the overall performance of the admissions team along with being the coach and motivator of the team. The DOA acts as liaison to: the school for prospective students; the faculty and staff for increased awareness; and the community in an effort to build relationships with agencies, high schools, and professional associations. The Director of Admissions position is as much a public relations position as it is a managerial position. Please note: we are only considering current Central PA residents for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively staff, supervise, train, manage and lead the admissions team.
- Instill a sense of team responsibility and maintain a positive work environment.
- Plan and facilitate regularly occurring admissions meetings.
- Continually improve the student start rate by managing and monitoring the entire admissions process.
- Set goals for the Admissions Team.
- Manage the day-to-day performance of each admissions team member to insure that all goals are met.
- Analyze all departmental reports and statistics to detect positive/negative performance trends.
- Conduct prospective student interviews as needed.
- Perform any admissions functions as needed.
- Review prospective files to insure process compliance.
- Provide feedback and direction to each team member as indicated by individual performance.
- Develop and manage other reports as needed.
- Provide formal team training on a frequent basis.
- Provide supplemental training for team members based on individual need.
- Provide annual performance reviews for each team member (more frequently if necessary).
- Insure that the department is appropriately/adequately staffed.
- Conducting interviews for hire of prospective admissions team members.
- Communicate regularly with the faculty in order to maintain an excellent working relationship and to insure that the team has the most up-to-date program information.
- Partner with the faculty in an effort to utilize them during the interview process.
- Join community organizations and participate in local events to increase the awareness of the school.
- Participate in professional development opportunities at least annually.
- Visit high school guidance departments to meet guidance counselors and guidance office staff (coordinate with South Hills Recruiter).
- Partner with Recruiter to participate in high school visits, college fairs and career events.
- Visit area employment agencies to develop and deepen working relationships.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to insure lead flow is sufficient.
- Partner with Student Services Coordinator to organize and facilitate admissions events.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Financial Aid Team and an understanding of the Financial Aid process.
- Submit required admissions reports on a timely basis as requested by management.
- Initiate and facilitate articulation agreements with colleges and universities.
- Assist international students with entrance and visa requirements.
- Contribute toward the campus goals of retention and professionalism.
- Bachelors Degree required
- A minimum of three years of experience as an Admissions Director of a post secondary educational institution
- Proven success with admissions goal attainment (must provide documentation)
- Proven success with admissions training (Nancy Rogers method preferred)
- Proven success with sales and customer service in the educational arena
- Preferred experience with career education
- Proven leadership experience and success
- Extensive “team” experience
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office products and data base products
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards
- Familiarity with ACICS and PA Dept. of Ed admissions rules and regulations preferred
- Ability to travel to and manage multiple school sites (not > 40 miles from State College)
- Flexible work schedule: evenings and Saturdays as needed
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Director Mark Maggs at: email@example.com.