Careers at South Hills
If you want to join an organization that is truly changing peoples’ lives, South Hills School of Business & Technology could be just the place for you. There are many things about South Hills that make it a smart choice for students, but our employees can tell you that it's also a great place to work.
Our faculty and staff enjoy the benefits and advantages of working in a smaller setting that enables them to know each other on a personal level and encourages team building that ultimately enhances the quality of service to our students. The South Hills team works well together and genuinely cares for our students' welfare.
South Hills is full of enthusiastic, passionate, committed people - employees and students alike!
Date Announced: 05/03/2018
Campus/Location: State College, PA
Summary: South Hills School of Business & Technology is looking for a qualified instructor to teach Administrative Professional classes and act as a Program Lead at our State College Main Campus beginning Fall 2018. The program prepares students to be proficient office administrators and managers. Students learn the most extensively used software packages such as Microsoft Office, learn office procedures, and management techniques.
As a Program Lead, the candidate must not only teach, but also mentor and advise students, work with them to secure internships in the community, and work with the Administrative Professional advisory committee. The candidate will also collaborate with the Program Coordinator and the Administrative Professional faculty at our other campuses.
Requirements: Successful candidates must have a minimum of three years work experience as an administrative professional and must also be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. This is a minimum of a 3/4 time permanent position with benefits. A minimum of an associate degree required. Teaching experience preferred but not necessary.
To Apply: Send cover letter and résumé (with evidence of work experience) to David Schaitkin, Director of Education at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Announced: 05/19/2017
Campus/Location: Altoona, PA (with area travel)
Function of Position:
South Hills School of Business & Technology is seeking an Admissions Recruiter who has the skills, ability, and personality needed to help increase the overall enrollment. This position will be responsible for recruiting activities for all three campus locations of South Hills (Altoona, Lewistown and State College). This individual must be highly motivated, be able to communicate effectively and market South Hills with high a level of energy and enthusiasm. The position requires the ability to research, develop, and implement recruitment strategies. Candidate must be willing to travel at least 75% of the time and be available to work extended hours, nights and some weekends during peak recruiting periods. Candidate must be able to transport, set up and tear down displays and tent/canopy independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently with excellent decision-making, oral and written communication skills.
- Schedule visits and presentations at schools (primary, secondary, post-secondary) and community agencies (public and private).
- Attend college fairs and other student recruitment events.
- Prepare/present programs to groups from various socio-economic and demographic backgrounds.
- Maintain and continually update contact lists of guidance counselors, teachers and other essential school personnel.
- Maintain spreadsheet of all recruiting activities.
- Provide assistance to prospective students concerning admissions requirements and programs of study.
- Communicate effectively with all South Hills faculty and staff with regards to recruitment activity.
- Work in close collaboration with the admissions, marketing, career services & student services depts.
- Assist with campus-wide recruitment efforts.
- Assist with the development of recruitment materials, plans and strategies.
- Work closely with and report directly to the Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment (daily).
- Execute all other duties as assigned by SHSBT Administration.
This position is directly supervised by the Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree required; business, marketing, sales or communications preferred
- Minimum of two years related work history
- Passion for career and technical education
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience with trending social media platforms and communications
- Able to lift and carry up to 50
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass all criminal background checks and PA Child Abuse History Clearance
To Apply: Send cover letter and résumé to Human Resources at: email@example.com.