Careers at South Hills
If you want to join an organization that is truly changing peoples’ lives, South Hills School of Business & Technology could be just the place for you. There are many things about South Hills that make it a smart choice for students, but our employees can tell you that it's also a great place to work.
Our faculty and staff enjoy the benefits and advantages of working in a smaller setting that enables them to know each other on a personal level and encourages team building that ultimately enhances the quality of service to our students. The South Hills team works well together and genuinely cares for our students' welfare.
South Hills is full of enthusiastic, passionate, committed people - employees and students alike!
Status Update Issued on September 24, 2019
The Admissions Coordinator/Office Assistant position has been filled.
We received many resumes for this position and, after careful consideration, we've made our selection. Competition for jobs at South Hills School of Business & Technology is always strong, and we often have to make difficult choices between many high-caliber candidates.
Thank you to everyone who applied for your interest in a career at South Hills and best of luck with your job search.
Date Announced: 09/18/2019
Campus/Location: Altoona, PA
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Altoona Campus Director for providing information to customers; for maintaining records; and for communicating with employees, alumni, and students. Additional responsibilities include student services and library maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (listed by title):
Career Services Coordinator
- Gather information and maintain database for existing employer information and maintain existing relationships with employment sites
- Develop new employment connections/resources via phone, internet, and personal outreach/meetings
- Stay abreast of competitor programs and practices through internet research, newspapers, and discussions with instructors, coordinators and business community
- Assist students with resume/cover letter preparation and/or refinement during internship term as well as during future job searches
- Advise students during pre- and post-internship interviews
- Conduct in-class presentations to first- and second-year students (periodic classroom visits/presentations, scheduling speakers and/or one-on-one discussions with students)
- Interact closely with students and advisors during placement decision time
- Conduct work site visits and meet with prospective employment sites; foster employer relationships for placement opportunities; and communicate with placement agencies
- Receive and process job openings and internship requests (written/verbal communication with employers, students, and website postings)
- Track graduate job placements; maintain graduate resume files, disseminating copies as needed
- Post employment ads and maintain part time jobs bulletin board
- Update and maintain Career Services materials.
- Develop, communicate and maintain on-site Career Services office.
- In conjunction with Main Campus Career Services Staff attend community career and job expo fairs; assist with the annual career fair and PSU Days.
- Complete monthly and annual reports
- Maintain career services Top School data.
- Attend Altoona staff meetings and attend career services departmental meetings (2-3 per year) at main campus
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Services Coordinator
- Coordinate all events for prospective students, employers, advisors and staff including, but not limited to career days, blood drives, orientations, career fair, student appreciation luncheon, spring picnic, internship luncheon, new student success luncheon, advisory board meetings, student and faculty/staff holiday parties, student rush day, group visits, and miscellaneous events.
- Maintain event supply inventory
- Purchase event items
- Develop event budgets for approval
- Create event agendas and scheduling
- Coordinate set-up and tear-down for events
- Catalog new material using library database
- Shelve new and returned materials; process newspapers and periodicals; maintain library
- Order new library materials as needed
- Train students (and faculty) with LIRN
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
- Knowledge equivalent to an associate degree in business or a related field, plus one to two years’ experience in human relations.
- Three months’ on-the-job training required.
- PA Driver’s License required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends required
- Ability to successfully pass background clearances required.
Send cover letter, résumé, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.