MyIT Technical Support
Downloading and Installing Microsoft® Office
- Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office for Education. If you have a PC, click here for detailed uninstall instructions. If you have a Mac, click here.
- Register your product using your South Hills email address. Click here to begin the registration process.
- Open your South Hills email account via the Outlook Web Access by clicking here and logging in.
- You should have received an email message from Microsoft Office 365 Support. Open the message and follow the instructions contained therein to complete the registration process. Note: If the message does not appear in your Inbox, please be sure to check your Junk folder, as well.
- After completing the registration process, you will be given the option to install Office 2016 by clicking “Install Now”.
- Follow the instructions provided on the Microsoft webpage to complete the installation.
Having computer trouble?
Problems accessing your school email? Want to access the school's wireless network or use your U: Drive or the eBrary from home? Need to make an external hard drive work on both Windows and Mac OS? Our IT Department has created a number of "how-to" documents to provide you with immediate self-service technical support.
NOTE: These documents are available only to current students of South Hills School of Business & Technology.
A valid CourseWeb login is required to gain access to view them.
MyIT Knowledge Base
- Portal, Email, and WiFi
- U: Drives
- Purchasing Textbooks
- Mac OS X Tips
- Color Printing
- Videos in PowerPoint
Using Student Portal & Email
Access Your U: Drive and eBrary Resources from Home
How to Purchase Your Textbooks Online
South Hills School of Business & Technology has partnered with The Student Book Store (SBS) to be the official bookstore for our school. However, students may use the ISBN numbers on their book lists to find and purchase textbooks elsewhere if desired. Click here for help ordering your Textbooks from The Student Book Store.
Tips and Tricks for Mac Users
How to Redeem Print Cards to Use the Color Printer
(State College main campus only)
Putting Videos into PowerPoint Presentations
- SaveFrom.net - Download videos and sound files from various websites (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc.) in various file formats
- Clip Converter Online Media Tool - Download, convert, and/or edit YouTube videos for PowerPoint
- Online-Convert - Download, convert, and/or edit YouTube videos for PowerPoint
Issue still not resolved?
If you are unable to find what you need in these help documents, send an email with
— your first & last name
— a detailed description of your problem
— the South Hills location you're attending
— State College & Altoona students should specify which building
to MyIT@southhills.edu to contact the IT Department directly to request additional assistance.
Michele H. Lucas
State College Main Campus
Ralph J. Catherman Jr.
State College Main Campus
IT Support Specialist
State College Cato Building
Jodi L. Jeffries
Matthew Penning, Program Coordinator for the Information Technology program at South Hills, is based in the Lewistown campus and has been with the school since 2006. He additionally serves as the Network Administrator for our Lewistown location.
Michigan native Penning earned a B.S. in Business with a concentration in Marketing from Liberty University in Virginia. After graduating from Liberty, Matt worked as an Account Executive for private firm Danka for two years, before enlisting in the Air Force and serving for 4 years as an Aerospace Ground Technician.
While in the service, he honed his networking, web and hardware skills, earned a Masters in Computer Resources and Information Management and also earned an Associates Degree in Aerospace Ground Technology. After completing his commitment to the Air Force and service to our country, he joined the South Hills family where his passion and knowledge prepares our IT students for the challenges of the field. In 2014, Matt was named Outstanding Educator of the Year from the Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators (PAPSA).